Programs taught in English
English-lectured programs available in the Academic Year 2020-2021
1. University System of Taiwan International PhD Program in Photonics *Open both 2021 Fall & 2022 Spring admission
Facing the future competitive environment with globalization, our country has imperious demands to build up an international environment which can develop scientists and technicians with globalization. The establishment of University System of Taiwan (UST) International Ph.D. Program in Photonics (IPPP) will help with the work of setting up the international environment in Taiwan to develop Photonics scientists and technicians with globalization.
Contact Person: Ms. Hsiao-Chun Peng (Stacy)
2. Master of Science Program in Remote Sensing Science and Technology *Only opens for 2021 Fall admission
Since 2008, the Master of Science Program in Remote Sensing Science and Technology has started for those people who desire advanced specialization in this field in order to further enhance and broaden personal intelligence and technology in remote sensing.
Remote sensing is a profound indication of technology development and advancement in a modern country. The Master of Science Program in Remote Sensing Science and Technology offered at the Center for Space and Remote Sensing Research of the National Central University is the first of its kind in Taiwan, specifically designed for remote sensing education and research.
The program consists of two groups: The Remote Sensing Group and the Geoinformatics Group.
- The Remote Sensing Group focuses on the fundamentals of remote sensing science and application development, including active and passive remote sensing data acquisition, processing, and analysis.
- The Geoinformatics Group researches and applies the 3S technology (Remote Sensing, Geographic Information Systems, and Global Navigation Satellite Systems) on various fields, including photogrammetric imagery processing, land cover change detection, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) mapping, Internet-of-Things-based smart city, big geospatial data management, Web-based GIS techniques, navigation and mobile applications, etc.
Contact Person: Ms. Tzu-Chun Yen
3. University System of Taiwan International Doctoral Program in Environmental Science and Technology *Only opens for 2021 Fall admission
The UST - International Doctoral Program in Environmental Science and Technology (UST-EST) provides the most advanced graduate study program in interdisciplinary environmental research from the global scale to molecular level. All courses will be taught in English by a team of outstanding scholars with the further distinction of providing an unmatched Chinese-speaking surrounding and learning facilities. To ensure the highly cross-discipline nature of environmental study, all first-year students will take entry-level courses related to the four major topics, i.e., health science, physical chemistry, engineering and remote sensing techniques, before moving to specialized research work.
Also, this program provides also the unique opportunity of joining collaborative projects in different UST campuses, either in national or international arenas. Counting together, UST has established bilateral scientific partnerships with academic institutions in the US, Germany, France, UK, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, India, Vietnam, Canada, South Korea, Dominica Republic, and Iceland, just to name a few.
Contact Person: Ms. Tzu-Chun Yen